It is not difficult to understand that actually the presence of a dead animal inside your car can create a wide variety of complications and the worst part is that locating these animals is never an easy thing to do. We all know that smaller animals like mice only need limited space to enter so it is never difficult for them to enter in the small spaces present towards the interior of any kind of vehicle. In many situations after entering the vehicle these get stuck and die. Their bodies continue to decompose and the smell makes it impossible for passengers to enter in such a vehicle.
Therefore, it is essential that proper steps should always be taken for locating as well as removing dead animal from your car. This is important not only for your own safety, but also for the safety and health of family members who will be using the car along with you. It is more related with formulating a decent strategy and using proper tools when you are dealing with the dead body of a small animal like rat or mouse. Let’s discuss some of the important things that will be needed for this purpose.
- Face masks
- Plastic gloves
- Plastic bags
- Odor remover ( you can find these at pet stores easily)
Steps to follow
- Rodents like rats are small and have the ability of crawling into smaller locations. Therefore, it is best to give a complete and detailed research to your car. It is never easy to work in smell, but you will have to use it for identifying the actual location of animal.
- Reach the point inside your car where smell gets strongest. The dead animal will be lying closer to this location.
- After finding the dead body of animal, don’t use bare hands for its removal. Remove the animal only after using plastic gloves.
- During your search it is best to remove seats and check for any kind of remains or signs of damage left by the animal.
- You should also lift carpet and seek crannies as well as nooks.
- In case you find it difficult to locate the animal, then keep in mind that smaller animals like mice make their nests using different kinds of materials. You should look for scraps or other associated aspects.
- Once the animal has been removed wash the car and use odor remover for getting rid of smell.
Go back to the How to get rid of wildlife
Need animal removal in your hometown? We service over 500 USA locations! Click here to hire us in your town and check prices
- updated for year 2020.